September 2008 Board Minutes
CHATTOOGA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT September 2, 2008
WORK SESSION MEETING MINUTES
Board of Education Chattooga County
Office of the Superintendent
Agenda for Board Meeting
The meeting was called to order at by Mr. Anderson, Chairman.
All Board members were present with Superintendent, Dr. Pullen, Mrs. Emily Bolton, Asst. Superintendent and Will Turner, Student Advisor were in attendance.
Invocation – Dr. Pullen opened the meeting with Prayer.
Pledge of Allegiance –Mr. Will Turner led the group in the Pledge
Mr. Anderson asks if there were any additions to the Superintendent’s Recommended Agenda for
September 2, 2008School Board Meeting. There were none. Mr. Elsberry made a motion to approve Agenda as printed with a second by Mr. Massey and the vote was unanimous.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meetings at the next meeting on
September 8, 2008.
1. Work Session -
August 4, 2008
2. Regular Session -
- Resolutions/Recognitions –
1. Dr. Pullen along with School Food Service presented Certificates of Appreciation to Community Volunteers and Staff for their contribution to the Summer Feeding Program. Ms. Phyllis Oliver presented Certificates to a number of people who were involved with the program this summer. Tina Powers was our Director of the Summer Program. She planned the menus, ordered all the food, and coordinated the sites for delivery. She is really what made this happen.
- School Board Members -
1. Board Consideration of request from Ken Smith, Chattooga High School Band Director, for funding for additional assistants during marching season. We will postpone this request until our new Budget year.
2. Board Consideration of fully funding lockers in new building for Middle School students at
. Menlo School
- School Board Policies – NONE
- Financial Management
- 1. . Board Consideration for approval of Financial Statement ending
June 30, 2008.
- 2. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices for work on CHS Pressbox.
3. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices for materials used for CHS Stadium improvement.
4. Board Consideration for approval of use of
Cafeteria & multiple classrooms by the Chattooga County Health Department on October 4. Chattooga High School
5. Board Consideration for approval of use of Summerville Middle School Cafeteria by Northwest Georgia Regional Cancer Coalition on
May 12, 2009.
6. Board Consideration for approval for School Sales Projects.
7. Board Consideration for approval of Opening bid & purchasing Lab Equipment for Computer Lab Equipment for Language Arts Department at CHS.
Mr. Clifton opened the bids with a total of 4 bids. (1.) Equus – total per unit $761.00 shipping included. (2) Sunnytech – total per unit $699.00 shipping 13.25 per unit total price $712.25 (3) MAX Group – total per unit $753.00, shipping 11.00 per unit – total price $764.00. He will review these and have a recommendation next week.
8. Board Consideration for approval of use of Chattooga High School Parking lot and Gym (for restrooms) on
September 13, 2008from until for Motorcycle ride.
- Educational Programs, Student Support and Staff Development
09-02-08**1. Board Consideration of Superintendent’s Recommendation for approval of Field Trip for North Region FFA Rally in on Sept. 5 & 6. A letter of apology is attached. Covington, Georgia
Mr. Money made a motion to approve item #1 with a second by Mr. Massey and the vote was unanimous.
2. Board Consideration for approval of Field Trips.
- Support Services/Facilities and Construction Management/Planning
Mr. Elsberry made a motion to go into Executive Session at with a
second by Mr. Massey the vote was unanimous.
Mr. Bo Burdick and Mr. Miles Bagley asks to address the Board concerning
Discipline issues during Executive Session.
The Board returned to Regular Session at with no action taken.
1. Board Consideration of Recommendations for Certified & Classified Personnel
Classified Resignations: Gordon Boyd, Regular Bus Driver; Robert Houston,
Regular Bus Driver; Willa Dean Sentell, SMS Food Service Asst.; Jan Stoker,
CHS Special Ed Para
Classified Recommendations: John Worsham, Supervisor Maintenance, Fac.,
Brandon Bishop, PE ParaLMES;(inadvertently left off) Tina Cordle, Spec. Ed ParaCHS, Tonya Hughes, Spec. Ed. Para, LMES;
Adrianna Thompson, Kindergarten
ParaLES; Larry Burnette, Full
Time Bus Driver; Chris Thompson, Regular Part Time Custodian; Barbara
Drawdy, Regular Part Time Food Serv. Asst.; Margaret Fulmer, Regular Part
Time Food Serv. Asst
Classified Transfers: Carol Allen, SES Custodian
Substitute Recommendations: Brandi James, Sub.Tchr-Certified; Jeannette
Mize, Sub Tchr-Certified; Jean Adele, Cynthia Bell, Carolyn Gentry, Jeremy
Heathcock, April Hunter. Angela Kendrick, Sabrina Middleton, Jayne Short,
Cathy Stallings, Marcie Stamper, Trey Thrasher, Hannah Turner;
Anthony, Bobby Lawson, James Morgan; Chad
Sub Custodian & Food Service: Bobie Jo Brazelton, Tammie Rena Moore;
Sub Food Service: Willa Dean Sentell, Miranda Morgan
2. Board Consideration of approval of new System Job Descriptions.
- 1. Superintendent of School
With no further business Mrs. Johnson made a motion to adjourn at with a second by Mr. Money and the vote was unanimous.
Dr. Dwight Pullen, Superintendent Mr. William Anderson, Chairman