September 2008 Board Agenda
CHATTOOGA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
WORK SESSION AGENDA –
SEPTEMBER 2, 2008 Board of Education Chattooga County
Office of the Superintendent
Agenda for Board Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Superintendent’s Recommended Agenda for
September 2, 2008School Board Meeting
Approve Minutes of Previous Meetings
1. Work Session -
August 4, 2008
2. Regular Session -
1. Dr. Pullen along with School Food Service will present Certificates of Appreciation to Community Volunteers and Staff for their contribution to the Summer Feeding Program.
- School Board Members
1. Board Consideration of request from Ken Smith, Chattooga High School Band Director, for funding for additional assistants during marching season. We will postpone this request until our new Budget year.
2. Board Consideration of fully funding lockers in new building for Middle School students at
. Menlo School
- School Board Policies
- Financial Management
1. Board Consideration for approval of Financial Statement ending
June 30, 2008.
2. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices for work on CHS Pressbox.
3. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices for materials used for CHS Stadium improvement.
4. Board Consideration for approval of use of
Cafeteria & multiple classrooms by the Chattooga County Health Department on October 4. Chattooga High School
5. Board Consideration for approval of use of Summerville Middle School Cafeteria by Northwest Georgia Regional Cancer Coalition on
May 12, 2009.
6. Board Consideration for approval for School Sales Projects.
7. Board Consideration for approval of Opening bid & purchasing Lab Equipment for Computer Lab Equipment for Language Arts Department at CHS.
8. Board Consideration for approval of use of Chattooga High School Parking lot and Gym (for restrooms) on
September 13, 2008from until for Motorcycle ride.
E. Educational Programs, Student Support and Staff Development
09-02-08**1. Board Consideration of Superintendent’s Recommendation for approval of Field Trip for North Region FFA Rally in on Sept. 5 & 6. A letter of apology is attached Covington, Georgia
2. Board Consideration for approval of Field Trips.
- Support Services/Facilities and Construction Management/Planning
Mr. Bo Burdick and Mr. Miles Bagley asks to address the Board concerning
Discipline issues during Executive Session.
1. Board Consideration of Recommendations for Certified & Classified Personnel
Classified Resignations: Gordon Boyd, Regular Bus Driver; Robert Houston,
Regular Bus Driver; Willa Dean Sentell, SMS Food Service Asst.; Jan Stoker,
CHS Special Ed Para
Classified Recommendations: John Worsham, Supervisor Maintenance, Fac.,
Brandon Bishop, PE ParaLMES;(inadvertently left off) Tina Cordle, Spec. Ed ParaCHS, Tonya Hughes, Spec. Ed. Para, LMES;
Adrianna Thompson, Kindergarten
ParaLES; Larry Burnette, Full
Time Bus Driver; Chris Thompson, Regular Part Time Custodian; Barbara
Drawdy, Regular Part Time Food Serv. Asst.; Margaret Fulmer, Regular Part
Time Food Serv. Asst
Classified Transfers: Carol Allen, SES Custodian
Substitute Recommendations: Brandi James, Sub.Tchr-Certified; Jeannette
Mize, Sub Tchr-Certified; Jean Adele, Cynthia Bell, Carolyn Gentry, Jeremy
Heathcock, April Hunter. Angela Kendrick, Sabrina Middleton, Jayne Short,
Cathy Stallings, Marcie Stamper, Trey Thrasher, Hannah Turner;
Anthony, Bobby Lawson, James Morgan; Chad
Sub Custodian & Food Service: Bobie Jo Brazelton, Tammie Rena Moore;
Sub Food Service: Willa Dean Sentell, Miranda Morgan
2. Board Consideration of approval of new System Job Descriptions.
- Superintendent of School