JANUARY 5, 2009
WORK SESSION BOARD MEETING MINUTES
ChattoogaCounty Board of Education
Office of the Superintendent
Agenda for Board Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Mr. Anderson, Chairman.
Before the Board began the first meeting of the year, Mr. Eddie Elsberry and Mr. Terry Money were sworn in by Probate Judge, Jon Payne.
Invocation was lead by Mr.Worsham . Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mr. Elsberry.
All Board members were present along with Superintendent, Dr. Pullen.
Mr. Anderson asks if there were any additions to the Superintendent’s Recommended Agenda for January 5, 2009 School Board Meeting and there were none.
Mr. Anderson asks for a motion to approve all items of the Agenda. Mr. Elsberry made a motion to approve with a second by Mr. Massey and the vote was unanimous.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meetings at the next meeting on November 12, 2007.
1. Work Session - December 1, 2009
2. Regular Session – December 8, 2009
1. 1. Recognition of Laci McGinnis, 8th grade student at Summerville Middle School, who auditioned and was chosen to participate in District 7 Honor Band. They will perform a concert for the public on Saturday, February 14, 2009 at Calhoun High School.
2. Recognition of the Chattooga County Board of Education for having achieved compliance with the Georgia School Boards Association’s “Standards for Local Boards of Education”.
- School Board Members
- School Board Policies
- Financial Management
1. 1. Board Consideration for approval of Financial Statement
2. Board Consideration for approval of School Sales Projects.
3. Board Consideration for approval of opening Erate bids for Basic Network Maintenance (2009-2010). Also status report on the other Erate services that is scheduled for next year.
- Educational Programs, Student Support and Staff Development
1. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of 2009-2010 Calendar.
- Support Services/Facilities and Construction Management/Planning
1. Board Consideration of Recommendation from Buckley & Associates, Inc. Architects drawings for new additions at Summerville Middle School.
2. Board Consideration of Recommendation from Buckley & Associates, Inc Architects drawings for new additions at Menlo Elementary Schoo
A motion was made by Mr. Elsberry with a second by Mr. Money and the vote
was unanimous to go into Executive Session at 7:15 p.m. They returned at 8:05 p.m. with no action taken.
1. Board Consideration of Recommendations for approval of Certified & Classified Personnel
Certified Recommendation – Brad Waggoner, CHS Head Football Coach
Classified Transfers – Sherry Brewster Food Service Asst.
Substitute Recommendations – Sub Bus Driver – Alma Lewis; Sub Teacher – Mitzi Tomlin
2. Board Consideration of Recommendation to reinstate Special Education Clerical position to assist the Psychologist, Alternative School Director, as well as the Special Education Department.
- Superintendent of School
1. .Board of Education to elect Officers for the 2009-2010 school year.
With no further business Mrs. Johnson made a motion to adjourn at 8:15 p.m. with a second by Mr. Money and the vote was unanimous.
Dr. Dwight Pullen, Superintendent Mr. William Anderson,