August 2008 Board Minutes
CHATTOOGA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT August 4, 2008
WORK SESSION MEETING MINUTES
Board of Education Chattooga County
Office of the Superintendent
Agenda for Board Meeting
The meeting was called to order at by Mr. Anderson, Chairman.
All Board members were present with Superintendent, Dr. Pullen, Mrs. Emily Bolton, Asst. Superintendent were in attendance.
Invocation – Dr. Pullen opened the meeting with Prayer.
Pledge of Allegiance –Mr. Elsberry led the group in the Pledge
Mr. Anderson asks if there were any additions to the Superintendent’s Recommended Agenda for
August 4, 2008School Board Meeting. There were none. Mr. Elsberry made a motion to approve Agenda as printed with a second by Mr. Money and the vote was unanimous.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meetings at the next meeting on
August 11, 2008.
1. Work Session & Regular Session -
July 7, 2008
2. Public Hearing –
July 24, 2008
3. Called Session –
July 24, 2008
4. Public Hearing -
July 31, 2008
5. Public Hearing -
July 31, 2008
6. Called Session -
July 31, 2008
- Resolutions/Recognitions –
Recognition of new Teachers for the upcoming School year. Deborah Williams, Personnel Coordinator gave the total of 33 new employees. Mr. Barry Peppers, Asst. Principal at LMES was in attendance.
- School Board Members -
Dr. Pullen presented Certificates to Board Members who have completed the required School Board member training for the period
July 1, 2007– June 30, 2008. He explained to Mrs. Johnson that we had talked to the State and explained her circumstances and why she was unable to attend. Dr. Pullen thanked the Board members for their hard work and time spent on the job. Certificates were given to Mrs. Petitt and she will display them on the wall of the . County Office
- School Board Policies – NONE
- Financial Management
1. Announcement – Due to outstanding bills and June being the last month of our fiscal year we can not close out the month at this time. We have to keep the month open until we know that everything is paid. Next month we hope to have June & July statements ready.
2. Board Consideration of approval of Contractor’s Application and Certificate for Payment No. 12 for additions and renovations to
#332 in the amount of $117,976.75. Lyerly Elementary School
3. Board Consideration of approval of Architect’s Invoice for Additions & Renovations to
in the amount of $200.35. Lyerly Elementary School
4. Board Consideration of approval of Architect’s Invoice for Lyerly Technology in the amount of $1,022.40.
5. Board Consideration of approval of Invoice from City Electric Supply for CHS Pressbox in the amount of $542.59.
6. Board Consideration for approval of Invoice from Pro Coat Painting & Pressure Washing for Paint & Labor at CHS Metal Labs in the amount of $1,170.00.
7. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices from Superior Heating & Air for materials for CHS Pressbox in the amount of $600.00.
8. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices from Wittichen Supply Co. for materials for CHS Pressbox in the amount of $59.34.
9. Board Consideration for approval of Invoices from Wittichen Supply Co. for materials for CHS Pressbox in the amount of $90.18 & $3.946.68 for a total of
10. Board Consideration for approval of Invoice from Connection Flooring; LLC for Tile work at Menlo School Cafeteria in the amount of $13,999.00.
11. Board Consideration for approval of Invoice from Connection Flooring; LLC for Tile work at
in the amount of $18,720.00. Summerville Elementary School
12. Board Consideration for approval of Invoice from Wittichen Supply Co. for materials fro CHS Pressbox in the amount of $296.17.
13. Board Consideration for approval to transfer $6,000.00 from Perkins to 06 SPLOST.
14. Board Consideration for approval of Invoice from Hurley Masonry for block work on Bathroom stalls in CHS Pressbox in the amount of $2,850.00.
15. Board Consideration for School Sales Project.
- Educational Programs, Student Support and Staff Development
1. Board Consideration of the following Field Trip.
- Support Services/Facilities and Construction Management/Planning
1. Board reviewed Architect’s Field reports No. 106 thru 114 at Lyerly Elem.
2. Board reviewed Architect’s Field reportsNo.18 thru 26 for Technology Upgrades to
. Lyerly Elementary School
3. Board Consideration of Recommendation for review of 2007-2008 School Council Annual Reports from all schools.
The Board did not go into Executive Session
1. Board Consideration of Recommendations for Certified & Classified Personnel
Certified Recommendations: Selena Parrish, CHS Social Studies
Classified Resignations: Melissa Bolt, SES Custodian; Daniel Driver, Bus Driver; Febra Gentry, LMES, Sp Ed
Para; Brandi James, LMES, LMES PE Para
Classified Recommendations: April Adams & Kathy Reynolds, Sp Ed Paras; Larry Burnette Full time Bus Driver, Keysa Pitts, Bus Driver
Classified Termination: Renita Rosser, SES Even Start Family Literacy worker
Substitute Recommendations: Rhonda Gentry, Sub Teacher;
Sandra Copeland, Sub Food Service, April Hunter, Sub Food Service, Karen McDaniel, Sub Food Service
2. Board Consideration of Superintendent’s Recommendation for approval of new system job descriptions. The Personnel Dept have been working on these for quite some time and have put together Job Descriptions for every position in the school system.
- Superintendent of School
1. Board Consideration to continue LRP Publication free subscription for Board members.
With no further business Mrs. Johnson made a motion to adjourn at with a second by Mr. Money and the vote was unanimous.
Dr. Dwight Pullen, Superintendent Mr. William Anderson, Chairman