WORK SESSION AGENDA – 7:00 P.M.
APRIL 6, 2009
ChattoogaCounty Board of Education
Office of the Superintendent
Agenda for Board Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Superintendent’s Recommended Agenda for April 6, 2009 School Board Meeting
Approve Minutes of Previous Meetings at our next Board meeting on April 13, 2009.
1. Work Session - March 2, 2009
2. Regular Session - March 9, 2009
The Chattooga County Educators Association (CEA) requested to address the Board. The purpose is to develop a positive rapport with the Board Members and to be a support process for all personnel by presenting ideas and or options regarding non-renewal and reduction in force. Bobby Cavin will be the spokesperson.
- School Board Members
- School Board Policies
- Financial Management
1. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of Financial Statement for February 28, 2009.
2. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of School Sales Projects.
3. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of bid opening on April 6 and Vendor approval on April 13, 2009 for Computers.
4. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of bid opening April 6 and Vendor approval on April 13, 2009 for Smart Boards and related equipment purchase for classroom enhancements.
5. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of Chattooga Ministerial Association use of the CHS Stadium for National Day of Prayer Rally on May 7, 2009 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
6. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of Chattooga FCCLA request to have the Little Miss Chattooga County Beauty Pageant onApril 25, 2009. This was scheduled to be held in March but due to lack of participatio it was rescheduled .
E. Educational Programs, Student Support and Staff Development
1. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of Field Trips.
2. Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of Quality Assurance Review Team Reports. Mrs. Bolton will give a report at the April 13, 2009 Meeting.
F. Support Services/Facilities and Construction Management/Planning
1. Board Consideration of Recommendations for approval of Certified & Classified Personnel
Certified Resignations – Judy Brewster, LMES Retirement
Certified Recommendations for Additional 2009-2010 Renewals – (Attached List)
Teena Dipillo, Linda Griffith, Judy Brewster – 49% Visually Impaired
Certified Recommendations – Tracie Jackson – Speech Path P-12
Certified Transfers – Janine Pendergrass – CHS 6-12 ESOL
Classified Recommendations – Ricky Bullard, Custodian
Classified Transfers – Amy Price, CCEC Special Ed Clerical
Substitute Recommendations – Sub Bus Driver – Michelle Atkins, Sub Food Service – Kariom Blackmon, Sub Teacher – Phil Cavin, Robert “Robbie” C. Eversole, Candy Nixon-Craig
- Superintendent of School
1. Board Consideration of Recommendation to do Superintendent’s evaluation at the April 6, 2009 Work Session meeting during Executive Session.