December 2008 Board Agenda
CHATTOOGA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
WORK SESSION AGENDA –
DECEMBER 1, 2008 Board of Education Chattooga County
Office of the Superintendent
Agenda for Board Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Superintendent’s Recommended Agenda for
December 1, 2008School Board Meeting
Approve Minutes of Previous Meetings at our next Board meeting on
December 8, 2008
1. Work Session -
November 3, 2008
2. Regular Session -
November 10 ,2008
1. Ms. Sarah Widincamp & Ms. Angie Culbert, teachers at
, will give Technology presentation from Georgia Technology Conference that they attended. Chattooga High School
2. The Chattooga High School Chorus will perform at the
December 8, 2008Board Meeting.
- School Board Members
- School Board Policies
- Financial Management
1. Board Consideration for approval of Financial Statement
2. Mr. John Worsham, Maintenance, Grounds & Facilities Director, will open
bids for wiring the new Metals Lab at
. After reviewing Chattooga High School
the bids, the bid will be awarded at the
December 8, 2008Board meeting.
3. Board Consideration for the following School Sales Projects.
4. ** Board Consideration of Superintendents Recommendation for
to hold a Fund Raiser Dance for the two families who lost their homes due to a fire. The Dance was held Menlo School November 21, 2008. The school wanted to go ahead and give the money to the families before Thanksgiving.
5. Board Consideration for approval of E-rate reviews for 2008-2009.
6. Board Consideration for approval of Contractor's Application and Certificate for payment No. 13 - final payment - on Lyerly Elementary School #332 in the amount of $83,477.95.
E. Educational Programs, Student Support and Staff Development
1. Board Consideration for approval of Field Trips.
2. ** Board Consideration of Superintendents Recommendation for approval of the following to serve on the Tribunal Panel for 2008-2009 – Harry Harvey & Melvin Mosley.
3. Board Consideration for approval of School Improvement Plans.
- Support Services/Facilities and Construction Management/Planning
- Board Consideration for approval of drawings for proposed new Offices for Dr. Pullen, Superintendent and Mrs. Petitt, Secretary.
- Board Consideration of Recommendations for approval of Certified & Classified Personnel
Classified Transfers: Robert Lancasster, CHS Full Time Custodian; David Romine, Transportation Dept. Full Time Bus Driver
Classified Recommendation : Melanie Teems, Spec. Ed
Substitute Recommendations: Sub Teachers – Emily Smith, Ann Strawn, Pam Williams & Allie Prince - Sub Food Service – Janie Harris, Patricia Howard, Debbie Mitchell & Penny Parris
Certifies Resignation: DElena Parrish, Social Studies Teacher @ CHS
- Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of additional new job descriptions within the system.
- Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of Adoption Agreement with AIG Retirement 403 (b).
- Board Consideration of Recommendation for approval of contract with Affinity Service Group as Workers’ Compensation carrier for 2009.
- Superintendent of School
1.** Board Consideration of Superintendents Recommendation of
School Boards Association Standards Checklist and recommend that we have the Georgia School Board Assoc. assist with a retreat. Georgia
2. Board Consideration to set meeting dates, times and place for all Board meetings for 2009.
** These items need the Boards approval at the
December 1, 2008Work Session